Updates from Day 11 on the R/V Alucia: What’s on the menu?

Hey everyone,

I am writing to you this morning about Day 11 on the R/V Alucia! We had a full day of “science-ing”. Yes, the catch phrase “let’s do some science today” has become a regular saying on our trips out to the reef! There were two dives in the morning and two in the afternoon. However, we changed it up a little by sampling two different reefs between the morning and afternoon. Tyler and I didn’t go on the afternoon trip because he had to breakdown his incubation experiment and I had to finish processing the samples that we had collected on the earlier morning dives. We still had fun though! Tyler managed to help me with filtering and finish his experiment!

We had a fun “picnic” on the aft deck to celebrate and give thanks for the excellent and amazing people who joined us for the first leg of the cruise and who will be leaving later today (on Day 12, more on these amazing people in a later blog post). Salsa dancing lessons, a few games of “Tiki Toss”- I keep getting better by the way; out to break to record, and dancing under the stars on the top deck ended a wonderful night.

I know I have mentioned the delicious food served to us on the Alucia so I figured that I would share pictures of some of the ridiculously amazing meals that we have enjoyed so far! I can honestly say that every dish we have been served has been exquisite! I tried to remember to take more photos, but I have a tendency to arrive late to meals/ forget my camera!

Dinner: Sesame soy salmon, veggie fritters, pink rice, veggie noodles
Breakfast- egg on a bagel, fruit, cranberry walnut muffin
Amazing fruit platter we have been served every day!
Another breakfast: Shashuka with basil and veggies!